Need a little help to get started with
M4 Tank Brigade?
Here's some basic tutorials for game play!
- You may only purchase vehicles in your current level and up to two above your current level.
- Player rank and level are shown on the launch screen.
- Your level is determined by your in-game rank starting with Private (E-1) up to Full General (O-10).
- The more points you get in-game the faster your rank and level will go up.
- The defense credits required to purchase vehicles in your levels are the lowest. As you go up in level or when you finish the 30-day trial, you need to earn additional defense credits or purchase them from the store.
- Points can be traded for Defense Credits. Currently 10,000 in game points equals 100 defense credits.
- Special events will be held every week for players to get more defense credits by being on the winning event side and for being in the top 10% of point scorers in the event. To see upcoming battles, visit the Events page.
- You are assigned colors for your team, purple or gold. You can change sides to the other color if you prefer. See the player color drop down in the top left of the launch screen.
- Pick a field on the map on the launch screen to start.
- You begin with your Tank and one wingman. You also get 250 defense credits to purchase other wingmen or to upgrade your tank.
- On the bottom left of the launch screen you can see the list of tanks and other vehicles.
- You will see the name of the vehicle, the defense level of the vehicle (levels 1 to 5), the price of the vehicle in defense credits (DFC), and the weapons index (WI), which shows the relative combat power of each vehicle.
- Decide if you want to spend some of your defense credits for more wingmen or better vehicles.
- Click on the GO! Button on the bottom right of the map in the launch screen.
Special Tip: To capture a field, you must bring infantry troops, and they are only available in the M5 vehicles. It's good to add an M5 to your brigade as one of your wingmen so you can capture fields.
Once you have chosen your Brigade, its vehicle, and all your wingmen, it is time to get into the fight!
- You will see your tactical combat map open (use F1 to open and close) in the top left of your screen when you launch. Your position, in the center of the map, is marked by the white circle with arrow pointing the direction of your tank.
- You can use your mouse wheel to zoom and unzoom the map.
- Find an enemy field to attack.
- Left click on your vehicle and drag a line to the point on your map where you want your brigade to move (to change vehicles, click on the one you want to switch to and select "Transfer Command").
Special Tip: Zoom in on the tactical combat map so you can see each of your vehicles. Left click on each vehicle and send them to different positions as you move to your target. This way if you loose on vehicle to enemy fire, you can jump to another vehicle and continue the fight.
- To drive your tank you can use a joystick or the keyboard.
- On the keyboard, A, S, D, and W are using to drive your tank. A is left, S is stop/reverse, D is right, and W is forward.
- Position 1 (use key 1) is the driver position where you should drive your tank when moving around the terrain.
- Position 2 (Press key 2) to move to the gunner position.
- Use the Z key to zoom your aiming vehicle and V to unzoom.
- You can move the aiming vehicle with the joystick or your mouse.
Special Tip: Remember to elevate your gun as the targets are farther away. You may have to shoot at other tanks many times, depending on the distance, to hit your targets.
- Move toward an enemy field by driving your tank with the keyboard or using the tactical combat map waypoint system.
- Use your tactical combat map to position each of your wingmen for the attack hiding behind terrain where possible.
- As you approach an enemy field, the enemy normally launches from the field.
- You must kill all the enemy at a field to be able to capture the field.
- Use artillery and air power to kill enemy tanks. Just right click on the enemy and choose arty barrage or airstrike to hit the enemy.
Special Tip: You have limited arty and airstrikes, so use them well.
- Once you kill all the enemies in a field you may attempt to capture that field.
- In the text buffer on the bottom left of the main screen you will see the notice “Field XX may be captured by any color!” That field will be shown in gray on the tactical combat map.
- You must get your infantry troops to the closed field to capture the field.
- Drive an M5 with troops to the closed field. Get close to the field.
- You can also use the tactical combat map way point system to tell your M5 to go to a specific field. (If you send the M5 using the map, you will have to transfer into the M5 using a right click on the M5 icon on the tactical combat map, and selecting “Transfer Command.")
- When you are in the M5, press the B button four times to send your troops to capture the field.